Thu 22 Aug
Thu 22 Aug
Christmas has passed, Australia Day has been celebrated and the children are back at school, we now have to think about Valentines Day!
Living in Adelaide, we are spoilt for choice for ways to spend the day whether you’re looking for fun, excitement, adventure, relaxing, unique or traditional ideas.
We've done the thinking for you and compiled our favourite 10 ways to spend Valentines Day with your loved one:
1. Our top choice is for you to dine in the Spice Market Restaurant @ The Adelaide Rockford . Enjoy our exciting new menu and a complimentary drink on arrival.
Wanting to impress that special someone? Our new menu incorporating a fusion of flavours from around the globe is sure to win hearts, especially when paired with a complimentary drink.
Make a night of it and book one of our Superior King Suites with a 2 person spa. Quote ‘VALENTINES’ when booking any room type to receive free full buffet breakfast for 2 and a complimentary late checkout*
Call now 08 8211 8255 or alternatively email Adelaide@rockfordhotels.com.au
2. Swim with Dolphins – featured on most peoples ‘bucket lists’, swimming with dolphins is an amazing experience available just 20mins from the city in Glenelg. What a great way to spend a morning!
3. For the foodies, why not book a Central Market Tour? There are a number of tours available including morning tours, cooking demonstrations, breakfast tours and seafood tasting menus.
4. For the more adventurous couples, the Adelaide Oval Roof Climb would be a perfect activity. Climb the impressive roof and take in the outstanding views, either during the day or at sunset.
5. Valentines Day doesn’t have to be expensive, there’s nothing more romantic than grabbing some fish & chips at one of our amazing beaches, such as Glenelg, Henley Beach or Brighton and watching the sunset.
6. For the ultimate relaxing experience, book a spa for 2. Spa on Brougham offer a Pure Indulgence for Two package including spa & lap pools, sauna & steam room before indulging in a 70min head to toe hot stone massage& a 30min hydrating facial. Or Swiss Wellness offer a number of different couples experiences including the indulgence package with an hour long massage followed by a stress relief express facial
7. If you’re looking for something a bit more lively, check out some live events held in Adelaide during February. There are still tickets for Guns N Roses concert, held at Adelaide Oval on 18th Feb, The Cat Empire & Xavier Rudd are performing at a beach festival in Glenelg on 11th Feb and of course we have the Fringe festival kicking off from 17th Feb with an amazing line up of shows across Adelaide.
8. South Australia is famous for its’ wine regions, jump in the car and have a relaxing lunch at any one of the amazing wineries in the Adelaide Hills, McLaren Vale or Barossa Valley. Or make a day of it and book a winery tour to sample a few different wineries. There are lots of operators with a number of different tours on offer such as Integrity Tours, GrayLine Tours and Adelaide Sightseeing.
9. For those that prefer a little less conversation, watch a movie at one of the Gold Class cinemas in Adelaide. A great experience to watch the latest movie, relax in the fully reclining armchairs and have food & drink delivered to your chair.
10. If you still think none of these ideas work for you, then escape Adelaide and have a weekend away in Sydney, our sister hotel Novotel Sydney Rockford Darling Harbour is located in the heart of Darling Harbour, next to the new ICC Sydney and walking distance to attractions like Chinatown, the Powerhouse Museum, SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium and the IMAX Theatre. Visit their website for current special offers and ideas for what’s on in Sydney.
And a final reminder, Adelaide Rockford is a perfect place to spend your Valentines - dine in the Spice Market restaurant, enjoy drinks on the deck, stay over in one of our spacious, modern rooms or enjoy our buffet breakfast. Whatever you need, we are here to help!
Stay in touch and connected to all the news and happenings